As a Commercial Analyst the focus of your role will be performing analysis of our pricing and commercial models and identifying opportunities to improve profitability and optimise pricing outcomes. You will also be assisting the Commercial team on the financial analysis of ad-hoc projects to make recommendations to support the business as a whole.
This is a highly commercial role for someone with proven skills in business partnering and provides a fantastic opportunity to add real value to the business through the identification of insights and process improvements.
Substantial organic growth and our acquisitions strategy has created an opportunity for the growing Commercial Finance team to add immense value through the delivery of insightful analytics and providing support on all financial aspects of operational decision-making. We are looking for someone who is more than just a number cruncher and is able to turn data into true commercial outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation and analysis of pricing strategies for new products, business opportunities, customer pricing reviews and contract renewals
- Undertaking reviews and performing the analysis to identify optimisation opportunities for the existing pricing and discount structure
- Building monthly reports to track the progress of pricing and discounting initiatives
- Using external and internal data to build financial models, perform scenario analysis to support business cases and provide commercial insights
- Assisting the team on integration efforts relating to commercial models, pricing and discounting
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills with experience in extracting and working with large data sets
- High attention to detail with efficient time management skills
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in a similar role
- CA/CPA qualified (or partly)
- Experience in the software or technology industry is preferred but not essential
About the company:
WiseTech Global is a dynamic organisation that has experienced significant growth since listing on the ASX in 2016. We are changing the world of logistics through technology and as an innovator, we use software and hardware to solve problems and create new ways of working and living. We build products using the latest software tools and the best hardware platforms and take pride in delivering solutions that make a significant impact.
If you don’t hear from us prior to 21 December 2018, don’t be discouraged. Due to the upcoming holiday break we will be assessing applications the week of 07 January 2019.