WiseTech Global is the world’s leading provider of software for logistics companies. Headquartered in Sydney and operating on a truly global scale, our Information Services team is the lynchpin in managing our privately built cloud and on-premise data centres.
As a Storage Engineer with demonstrated experience working in complex, high performance technical environments, your remit at WiseTech Global will be to own the end-to-end design, implementation and deployment of backup and storage technologies.
You will be comfortable monitoring health and handling alerts related to the storage and backup technologies, and you will know that this role is so much more than that. If you are the kind of engineer who is constantly looking for unique ways to improve existing solutions, then you will relish the ownership and responsibility that our company culture will give you. You will be challenged every day to improve, but you will operate in a highly skilled team that will be there to support you along the way.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage, iscsi and fibre channel fabric solutions)
- Experience with various backup technologies (such as Microsoft DPM, NetWorker, Veeam, VMware VDP, BackupExec, etc)
- Experience with virtualised environments (Hyper-V, VMware, KVM)
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery and business continuity technical solutions
- Hardware skills across multiple vendors related to backup and storage
- Deep understanding of RAID sets, SAN hardware (Compellent, PureStorage, NetApp, etc), and distributed storage technologies
- Proven experience with backup strategies, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- Windows Scripting and Unix Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Python, Bash) highly regarded
- Cloud based backup and disaster recovery experience highly regarded, but not essential