Working as part of a global team you will provide leadership to our South African Information Services Team in managing the local systems and infrastructure.
- Hands-on, technical Team Lead of 4-5 Information Services Engineers
- Responsible for the local systems and data centre computing environment including the performance, availability and security
- Delivers lifecycle management, system and product maintenance, projects and operational improvements
- Train, mentor and lead the team + assigning tasks/delegating tickets
- Develops and delivers high quality documentation and content
- Works closely with the global team in Enterprise Architecture, Information Security, Senior Engineers and Regional Leads
- Manages relationships with our Service Providers, Vendor partners and Building Management
Skills & Experience
- Degree in a computing related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years technical experience working with the following technologies: Windows Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V), Server & Storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage, etc), Cisco Administration (Switches, Routers, Security Appliances, WAN/LAN etc.), Switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc.), Application hosting (In-house applications, AD, IIS, DNS, etc., Backup technology and operations, Public Cloud (Azure and AWS), Monitoring e.g. SCOM, Data Centre - HVACs, Generators, UPSs etc.
- 5+ years in managing ICT Delivery teams.
- Experience operating in a large-scale, diverse and global environment preferred.
- Strong documentation & mentoring skills
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position