How we collect personal information
WiseTech Global collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, such as when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organizations identified below under "When we disclose your personal information"
- from our own records of how you use your WiseTech Global Services
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- identify you;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market to you other services which we consider may be of interest to you. We will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe to any future promotional or marketing material (such as promotional email offers) and educational material via an opt-out mechanism. You may also notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by advising the WiseTech Global Privacy Officer.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.
We also use remarketing with Google Adwords and Analytics to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site, when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.
WiseTech Global and other third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitor’s past visits to our website.
All About Cookies has instructions on how to manage your cookie settings.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above (under 'How we use your personal information') we may disclose your personal information to organizations outside WiseTech Global.
Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. The organizations to which we usually disclose information include:
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- your representatives (eg. your authorized representatives or legal advisers);
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law;
- our related companies.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
WiseTech Global takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address or contact details.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an email.
You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. WiseTech Global reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Credit card information is among the most important data we collect. For obvious reasons, please do not send credit card information through unsecured email.
What else you should know about privacy
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.