WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those who own and operate the supply chains of the world. Our software products are relied upon by the top 25 freight-forwarding companies globally as well as over 18,000 other logistics businesses.
At WiseTech, we operate a hybrid environment, and for this role, we are seeking a Systems Support Engineer, experienced across Windows & Linux infrastructure, both physical and virtual. The suitable candidate will support our Chicago data centre On- site involving weekend support between the hours of 8.30am to 5pm from Thursday to Monday.
- Available to work to a roster or schedule to administer, maintain and service IT infrastructure through out of business hours and weekend, and to handle emergency issues.
- Ensure smooth running of IT infrastructure and work alongside the Systems Engineering team
- Perform on-site and remote technical support, patching, maintenance and system administration of the infrastructure
- Assist global systems engineers and business units related to the infrastructure
- Monitor health and handle alerts related to the IT infrastructure
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage and fibre channel fabric solutions)
- Experience with enterprise level patching and systems administration platforms
- Windows Server administration
- Linux operating system administration
- Experience with virtualised environments (Hyper-V, VMware, KVM)
- Hardware skills across multiple vendors related to servers, storage and related data centre technologies
- Software skills across multiple vendors related to enterprise management such as Microsoft System Center suite, etc.
- Proven experience with enterprise wide patching and maintenance, and ensure continuity of services
- Windows Scripting and Unix Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Python, Bash) highly regarded
- Cloud based technology experience highly regarded, but not essential
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulationsPostúlese para este puesto