Chicago, USA, July 30, 2015. WiseTech Global has announced that development has been completed in CargoWise One to meet the requirements for U.S. Customs & Border Protection’s various Partner Government Agencies (PGA) Pilot Programs, which are scheduled to begin August 19, 2015.
CBP’s Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) will incorporate core trade processing capability to provide a single window for the trade to report import and export data. All Partner Government Agencies involved with import and export will use this single window to determine admissibility. There are more than a dozen PGAs scheduled for implementation prior to the mandatory November 1st ACE entry filing deadline. The following PGAs have issued specifications for programming and are ready for pilots in August. Several agencies such as EPA and FDA have multiple programs.
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS)
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS)
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Core,
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Lacey Act
- Department of Commerce National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)
- DOT National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Alcohol and Tobacco and Trade Bureau (TTB)
- Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
Some other PGA’s will be utilizing the Document Imaging System (DIS) which is also completed and available in CargoWise One.
Craig Seelig, Product Manager Customs and Compliance for WiseTech Global, Americas, remarks, “We have worked very hard to make this happen. We realize the importance of ACE and the PGA Pilot Programs. Our customers’ ability to participate in the pilots early gives them the opportunity to work directly with CBP and the PGAs.
“Not only can early adopters learn about the new ACE processes sooner, they can also have some influence on how things will work in the future. The longer a filer is involved in an individual pilot, the more knowledge they will have about the entire process. The mandatory filing deadline is quickly approaching. Our customers who are filing ACE entries now will be vastly more prepared than someone trying to file their ACE entries with PGA data for the first time on November 1st.”
Media Contact: Lisa Rollason, firstname.lastname@example.org