WiseTech Global is a leading provider of software solutions for the Supply Chain and Logistics industry. Due to our rapid growth we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Linux Engineer with the drive and curiosity to execute global projects. Through a combination of organic growth and targeted acquisitions, our global employee head count has increased rapidly and we’re far from slowing down. If this all sounds interesting to you, read on.
With a strong understanding of cloud technologies, automation and containerisation; you are an experienced Linux engineer with demonstrated experience in advanced Linux systems administration. Innovation is a prime motivator.
Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system
- Strong scripting experience with Python and Bash
- Strong understanding of containerisation e.g. Docker
- Deep experience with CI/CD
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong and holistic understanding of cloud technologies and their potential relationships/interactions
- Principled and experienced in automation using technologies like Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef, etc
- A strong passion for innovation, the latest technologies and seeking the best solutions
- Strong documentation & mentoring skills
- Experience with operating highly available environments
Desirable and Ideal Skills
- Subject Matter Expert Low level on Linux Kernel (experience with kernel tuning)
- Extensive experience with high performance and low latency systems- Experience in designing and/or building cloud environment from scratch
- Experience with Unix based deployments
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.