Playing multiple roles, the core duties and responsibilities of the Applications Analyst will
encompass the following:
Core duties and responsibilities
- Will analyze the business requirements of our clients and assist in the development of
business solutions. This will involve knowledge of common business practices and
Canadian commercial/personal shipment imports.
- Will oversee and support our accounts to ensure the FenixND software meets customers’
requirements and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) standards.
- Will quarterback and follow-up with client meetings and will aid in development,
implementation of software enhancements (modifications/customization) to ensure our
product continues to meet customer needs.
- Will also manage the testing and de-bugging of new software/modifications, making
recommendations to the programming team that respond to technical problems.
- Keep abreast of current technological changes and customers evolving needs
- Will be responsible for overseeing many aspects of individual software projects, requests
for new projects and recommend modifications for existing programs. While evaluating
new projects or requests for enhancements, they must determine the project cost,
timeline, goals and feasibility and then oversee the project through to completion; at times
managing more than one project at a time.
- Be available to assist with 24/7 after-hours support on rotational basis
Skills & Experience required:
- Possess very strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- In addition to programming and data analysis duties, have managed programs and
developed business solutions.
- Must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be business
- Be able to work in teams and meet important deadlines.
- Must be familiar with C#, .Net, JSON, Angular, XML, MS-SQL Server and have had
- Familiarity with Agile development methods is an asset.
- Ability to analyze database performance and recommend tuning enhancements.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft-Office.
- Familiarity with Fenix company systems and services is a nice to have.
- Knowledge of Canadian Customs rules and regulations (CBSA) would be a strong
benefit to the applicant.
- A great working environment that is challenging and stimulating
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Group insurance benefits
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.