Integration and Accounting Advisory is a key workstream for our business where best practice processes and procedures are instilled into newly acquired businesses prior to transition into our existing structures. In addition to this, we are continually seeking improvements and rationalising our group structure to ensure we operate efficiently and effectively.
As a newly created role within the finance team, you will partner closely with various teams within WTG to execute rationalisation projects on already completed acquisitions as well as providing assistance on the integration of newly acquired business into the Group. You will need to be able to drive change to ensure WTG policies and procedures are adopted and help create content to ensure that policies and change stick.
Strong knowledge of the accounting standards, in particular complex consolidation accounting will be advantageous to you in navigating complex accounting issues as they arise.
This is a global role that will provide you with access to key leaders across the finance function which will allow you to make an impact with your insight and advice. The role will be based out of Sydney but will be required to work with all our offices including the 40+ acquisitions made since IPO.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced finance professionals looking to grow their skillset and to work in an experienced, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
Your key responsibilities and competencies will include:
- Strong understanding of accounting for complex structures including consolidation requirements
- Be able to prepare and present acquisition accounting entries for newly acquired businesses including results of fair value assessments such as purchase price accounting valuations
- Be able to prepare and present accounting entries on complex transactions affecting multiple entities and currencies
- Strong technical accounting capability, including the ability to explain clearly and succinctly any requirements to the broader finance team
- Analyse new businesses’ process, and aligning to WTG policies & procedures including managing the transition process with local management
- Professional Accountant with appropriate qualifications (Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar)
- Previous experience in a Group Reporting and/or Partnering role
- Strong core accounting and finance skills/experience
- Strong problem solving skills and willing to ‘roll up the sleeves’ to dive into issues and help businesses as the need arises
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Highly proficient in IFRS and AASB
- Be able to independently undertake audits/reviews of new acquisitions as part of the acquisition accounting process including delivery of key findings to senior management
- Proactively contribute to year-end and half-year reporting through liaison with Group auditors and internal stakeholders
If you feel like you meet some of the requirements above but not all, please feel free to reach out to our Talent team to discuss in more detail.
We invest heavily in our people from day one and place our people at the heart of our business. There is many perks and benefits from working at WiseTech Global such as:
- Competitive remuneration package + equity
- Development opportunities - LinkedIn learning, mentorship, technical rotation, education assistance
- Employee assistance program - 24/7 resources, support & information
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position