Are you a UX Designer who loves to sink their teeth into very complex problem areas? Do you have a pioneer’s mindset and thrive on projects with a high level of uncertainty and vast potential? Are you comfortable with establishing a modern Product Design practice within a Product team that is breaking truly new ground? Then we might just have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Senior or Lead UX Designer and passionate problem solver to join our growing WiseTech Global office in London, to work on the leading logistics execution software CargoWise.
Unless you’ve worked in logistics before, you will probably not have heard of us: WiseTech Global is a market leader in providing software solutions for the main players in the domain of global logistics, with customers like FedEx, DHL, UPS, and many more. Logistics is a very deep and complex domain that requires solutions that can handle massive scale, allow for extreme customizations, and strive for maximum efficiency at all times. Our users are educated experts who spend most of their working hours in our software and who know how vital the integrity of the data is.
WiseTech Global's mission is to change the world by creating breakthrough products that empower those who own, enable, and operate the world's supply chains. We are relentless about innovation, adding over 4,300 product enhancements to our global platform in the past five years while bringing meaningful continual improvement to the world's supply chains.
We have established a new portfolio of logistics solutions in Europe, with its centre in London. Product Managers, Software Engineers and other disciplines have already started the groundwork, and we now need to find the right Senior or Lead UX Designer who can help us conceptualize our new product offerings and services, and build and manage a small team of Designers.
What does your work look like?
While the main team of UX Designers at WiseTech Global is in Sydney, Australia, the work in our London office is quite autonomous and concentrates on its own subject matter domain. The portfolio you will be working on is relatively new in the company, and represents a sizable multi-year effort. The work for the R&D team will focus on establishing product concepts in this space. As a UX Designer, you will go through a strong learning curve, and will engage deeply with the subject matter, but you will be surrounded by subject matter experts who will help you every step of the way. This is an ‘embedded Designer’ position, and you will be reporting to the Head of Design in Sydney. However, most of your main work and interactions will take place in a team that is distributed across the UK and Ireland.
You will be working together with the Portfolio Product Manager in this space, supporting and facilitating our efforts to understand user roles, user needs, key tasks, and the current user journeys with their pain points and opportunities. Your user-centric approach will complement the other functions in your R&D team, and will ensure that the services coming out of this area will have the highest chance of success in the market.
You will be leading this effort from the design side, and there will be other Designers to work with and for you, either on your project or in adjacent areas. You’ll be expected to establish Design rituals that ensure a high level of quality in the design work by your team members, while coaching them effectively to become better Designers.
A bit about who you are
(While it is absolutely okay to not match every single point below before you apply, please be aware that this is a key role in a team that requires a very senior individual. We will have other roles in the near future for less experienced Product Designers.)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in dedicated UX and UX Research roles, either on products or in agencies, with at least some experience in leading a small team of Designers
- You know how to plan for, organise, and run product-oriented user and customer studies that inform projects with actionable insights
- You have an expert level understanding of user-centricism as a process, and know how to adapt existing techniques to perfectly suit the needs in any project
- You enjoy daily collaboration with cross-functional peers, mostly with Product Management. You don’t mind that this collaboration is mostly via video calls.
- You are an expert at facilitating workshops as part of a strong user-centred design process, and manage stakeholders with your excellent communication skills while educating them on Design as a modern R&D function
- You love translating customer and user insights into concepts that address the root cause of an identified problem, and don’t mind
- You understand the trade-offs a Product Designer has to make to ensure success for their product, while at the same time advocating for the users of the software, and finding creative and reliable ways to bring our knowledge about users to the rest of the team
- You can use an established Design System to good effect, and collaborate with specialised UI Designers to get the maximum out of your ideas
About WiseTech Global, and our London offices
Having listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) in 2016, WiseTech Global is now an ASX 50, AU$15 billion+ company that is serious about expansion and technical innovation. Through a combination of organic growth and targeted acquisitions, our global employee head count has increased rapidly, and we’re far from slowing down.
We are known for our vibrant, dynamic workplace where personal and professional fulfilment and company success go hand in hand. Working at WiseTech provides you with the ability to work in an industry leading culture with high levels of autonomy and ownership.
We have several London offices that serve as meeting places for our R&D teams. We are a hybrid workplace, and teams usually decide for themselves how often they want to come into the office (usually about once or twice a week). Some of your key colleagues will be working from other offices in the UK, Ireland, and The Netherlands.
Before you apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position
Who we are
We are a global team of passionate people enabling and empowering the supply chains of the world.