You're the type of person who thrives in a fast paced environment; you're both a thinker and a doer, able to leverage your technical skills in financial accounting and excel in establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals on a global scale.
The Role and You
Reporting to the Group Regional Accounting Manager the role will expose you to the inner workings of the wider finance team both locally and internationally and will be your opportunity to make real change. You won’t just be writing reports that will be half implemented – you will be empowered to drive these changes home.
The finance team at WiseTech aims to strike the appropriate balance to deliver effective financial control whilst allowing the business to be agile and grow. We see this role a key step in that journey.
You are a highly organized and methodical thinker, you are comfortable prioritising and managing multiple deliverables. You are also proficient in identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals on a global scale.
- Set up and administer of entity level general ledgers to record new acquired subsidiaries
- Establish processes for month ledger close by working with the Integration accounting team, the Transactions Services Manager and corporate accounting team.
- Deliver reconciliations for relevant controlled ledgers
- Support development of expenditure forecasts of the acquired business
- Establish month end close processes, checklists to enable future administration of the ledger by the corporate accounting team
- Setup and administer bank accounts for acquired subsidiaries with the Treasury Manager
- Interim management of various ad hoc tasks for acquired ledgers (Employee expense reimbursement, Fixed Asset management) as may be required until business is fully integrated to the group
- Cash flow management and forecasting for acquired business (in conjunction with the Treasury Manager)
- Contribute to appropriate cross business schedules to support acquisition accounting and intercompany cross charges
- Professional Accountant with appropriate qualification (Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar) would be highly desirable
- 5-8 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in an IT or Software Company would be highly desirable
WiseTech Global is changing the world of logistics through technology. As an innovator, we use software and hardware to solve problems and create new ways of working and living. We build products using the latest software tools and the best hardware platforms and take pride in delivering solutions that make a significant difference to our customers, partners, staff, shareholders and the logistics industry at large.
Our people are innovators and visionaries and we have a long track record of building global solutions that are changing the world of logistics.
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position
Who we are
We are a global team of passionate people enabling and empowering the supply chains of the world.