WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those who own and operate the supply chains of the world. Our software products are relied upon by the top 25 freight-forwarding companies globally as well as over 18,000 other logistics businesses.
At WiseTech, we operate a hybrid environment, and for this role, we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, experienced with Windows & Linux infrastructure, both physical and virtual. Day-to-day, this role will involve installing, configuring, and maintaining our infrastructure and tenant environments including responding to faults at hardware and software levels, as well as analysing and monitoring our systems. Whilst our teams work in a hybrid methodology, our data centre is based in Chicago therefore suitable candidates should live within a commutable radius of the data centre.
- Senior technical resource for the Systems Engineer team
- Responsible for ensuring smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible to coordinate emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role, with minimum of 2 years as a senior resource or team leader
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2012R2 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Exchange Server administration
- Hyper-V, VMware and KVM administration
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or equivalent experience highly regarded
- MS System Center suite
- Linux containers and virtualisation skills
- Scripting and programming skills will be highly regarded
- Cloud technologies and experience with multiple platforms
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulationsApply for this position