We are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer looking to take the next step in their career. This role is directly responsible for monitoring the health of the infrastructure, maintaining operational and service levels, and assisting with planning and roadmap for projects related to our IT infrastructure.
You will be hands on, with knowledge and experience in setting up server racks. WiseTech hosts its own cloud environment, so this role will be involved in monitoring and maintaining our Sydney Data Centre.
- Senior technical resource for the Systems Engineer team
- Responsible for ensuring smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible to coordinate emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role, with minimum of 2 years as a senior resource or team leader
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2012R2 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Exchange Server administration
- Hyper-V, VMware and KVM administration
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or equivalent experience highly regarded
- MS System Center suite
- Linux containers and virtualisation skills
- Scripting and programming skills will be highly regarded
- Cloud technologies and experience with multiple platforms
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.