We build products using the latest software tools and the best hardware platforms and take pride in delivering solutions that make a significant difference to our customers, partners, staff, shareholders and the logistics industry at large. Our people are innovators and visionaries and we have a long track record of building global solutions that are changing the world of logistics.
Working with WiseTech Global group
As a software developer in CargoSphere, US (part of WiseTech Global group) you’ll play a key role in the design, development and continued support of a leading web-based, rate management software system for the transportation industry.
Our goal is to seek new ways to use software to increase productivity as well as automate and accelerate our customers’ businesses, which means we continuously require strong developers to join our team.
You’ll be responsible for...
- Analyzing existing features and functionality, including performance and troubleshooting, as well as the design and development of new features.
- Algorithm development; problem solving; creating classes and methods, data types and data abstraction; using object-oriented programming and design.
- Performing testing, bug fixes and daily system maintenance using methods, techniques, and tools for testing software and producing reliable and secure software.
- Managing product source code, for maintaining current and historical versions of code files, specifically as true atomic operations; utilizing file locking principles.
- Providing prompt response to clients when technical support is necessary, including problem solving for production software; including the determination of user error vs bugs in software code vs data errors.
- Working effectively with development team and provide support throughout entire software development life cycle, specifically the steps of: requirements analysis; specifications; design, development; testing; production maintenance; security; privacy; configuration management; and build systems.
- Providing guidance in RDBMS and be fully conversant in SQL and stored procedures, specifically: design, implementation, and optimization of query languages; security and integrity, concurrency control, transaction processing, and distributed database systems.
- Documenting code consistently throughout the development process and reflect changes made in database tables on the procedural, modular and database level which includes Database Design Documentation, which contains conceptual, logical, and physical design elements.
- Master’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or technical field of study plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered or similar applications development positions.
Resumes to: Recruitment, WiseTech Global (US) Inc., 1051 East Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Or apply below.