WiseTech Global is a hyper growth technology company that provides an end to end software solution to the logistics industry, built upon the foundations of talented employees. This is an opportunity to join our fast-paced work environment where passion and innovation thrive, working with a tight-knit and highly technical team. If a mixture of freedom, hard work and great culture is what you are looking for then keep reading
- End-to-end design, implementation and deployment of backup and storage technologies.
- Ensure smooth running of storage, backups and related disaster recovery and business continuity systems globally
- Perform on-site and remote technical support, maintenance and system administration of the infrastructure
- Assist global systems engineers and business units with access to various aspects of the storage and backup systems
- Monitor health and handle alerts related to the storage and backup technologies
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy and procedures, specifically related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage, iSCSI and fibre channel fabric solutions)
- Experience with various backup technologies (such as Microsoft DPM, NetWorker, Veeam, VMware VDP, BackupExec, etc)
- Windows Server and Linux operating system administration
- Experience with virtualised environments (Hyper-V, VMware, KVM)
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery and business continuity technical solutions
- Hardware skills across multiple vendors related to backup and storage
- Deep understanding of RAID sets, SAN hardware (Compellent, PureStorage, NetApp, etc), and distributed storage technologies
- Proven experience with backup strategies, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- Windows Scripting and Unix Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Python, Bash) highly regarded
- Cloud based backup and disaster recovery experience highly regarded, but not essential
About WiseTech Global
WiseTech Global is a hyper growth technology company that provides an end to end software solution to the logistics execution industry globally. Our customers include 12,000 of the world’s logistics companies across 150 countries. With over 50 offices globally and nearly 2000 employees worldwide we have no plans to slow down. We have a truly modern, open, positive environment and culture with a variety of employee benefits including an exercise room with a personal trainer, games room, cake day, beer o’clock Fridays, and daily continental breakfast.
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.