WiseTech Global is the leading provider of software for companies in the logistics industry. With users in over 150 countries, working at WiseTech means impacting an entire industry and its operations. We are looking for a Security Engineer who is ready to shape the next generation of initiatives for the company.
The scope for this role is large. You will need to have experience implementing organisational security programmes. Your background is in application and infrastructure security with experience in pen testing and threat modelling, security design reviews and security architecture. This is a role for a deeply technical engineer who wants to build out and implement processes and plans on a global scale.
You will be working with our software developers on increasing security practice in their work, with our infrastructure team on building systems to protect our cloud and working with all of the companies within the group (there’s over 30) to ensure the highest quality of security.
If you have experience building programs to test security, let us know about it. We are looking for someone who has system thinking skills, is hands-on and has knowledge around all aspects of security.
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Security, or relevant qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to identify common security risks, formulate and execute security strategies / projects
- Demonstrated experience configuring and securing web applications, cryptography, including WAF, DDoS mitigation strategies and O/S & application hardening
- Extensive knowledge of Internet protocols, architectures, and security design principles.
- Strong experience writing intrusion detection system rules
- Deep understanding of the information security threat landscape (attack vectors and tools, best practices for securing systems and networks, etc.)
- Experience configuring security incident and event management tools including creating event filtering and correlation rules and reports.
- Experience analysing security event data for anomalies from web application firewalls, database security monitoring systems, firewalls/routers/switches, proxy servers, antivirus systems, file integrity monitoring tools, and operating system logs
- Scripting skills (i.e. Python / Perl / Ruby, shell scripting) a significant plus
- Skilled in both Windows & Linux environments
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Security Awareness Training
- One or more security-related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, SECURITY+, etc.
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.