WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those who own and operate the supply chains of the world. More than 18,000 logistics organizations use our software solutions, including 24 of the top 25 global freight forwarders and 41 of the top 50 global third party logistics providers.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer in Sydney, experienced with installing, configuring and maintaining systems across both Windows & Linux systems and be able to operate at a highly competent and autonomous level, whilst supporting less experienced colleagues within the team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for ensuring smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible to coordinate emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
We are looking for the following essential skills:
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2012R2 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Exchange Server administration
- Hyper-V, VMware and KVM administration
- SQL Server installation and configuration
Having any of the below is not essential but will be beneficial:
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or equivalent experience highly regarded
- MS System Center suite
- Linux containers and virtualisation skills
- Scripting and programming skills will be highly regarded
- Cloud technologies and experience with multiple platforms
WiseTech Global is changing the world of logistics through technology. As an innovator, we use software and hardware to solve problems and create new ways of working and living. We build products using the latest software tools and the best hardware platforms and take pride in delivering solutions that make a significant difference to our customers, partners, staff, shareholders, and the logistics industry at large. Our people are innovators and visionaries, and we have a long track record of building global solutions that are changing the world of logistics.
Before you Apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position
Who we are
We are a global team of passionate people enabling and empowering the supply chains of the world.